How to Import OLM Contacts to Gmail
Outlook for Mac is one of the most trustable email clients to store OLM files. When you want to access MS Outlook contacts to Gmail, import is the best option. Migration of OLM contacts directly to Gmail can be difficult. Your data may lose which you never want to be happened with you. Here we are going to tell you a safe and sound way.
Importing OLM to Google Contacts
Since there is no direct way to import OLM to Gmail, so here is a way to export OLM contacts to CSV and CSV to Gmail.
Export OLM contacts to a List (.text file)
- Start your Outlook on your Mac
- Take cursor to 'File' and then choose 'Export'
- A wizard 'Export' will pop-up here select the option 'Contact to List' option
- Write down the name of the file and then specify the location of the particular file
- Then press 'Save' button and the 'confirmation message' will appear
Converting txt file to CSV file format
Text file holding contacts of Mac but text file cannot read in Gmail. So, you need to convert txt to CSV. Here we go:
Select the particular Text file and open it using 'Ms Excel' app
- As you can see the file is not in proper format, convert into CSV
- Take cursor to 'File' and select 'Save As' option and then 'CSV'
'Save' the file in a desired location
Import CSV file to Gmail AC
Here is the final step.
- Open the 'Gmail' and login to your account
- From 'File' drag cursor to the drop down menu 'contacts'
- From the options, click on 'More' and choose 'Import' option
- Select the CSV file from the list and then 'Next' tab
- 'Browse' the required file and click on 'import'
- Import process will start
Now you can view Mac Outlook contact in Imported folder under My Contacts in your Gmail Acc.
These are process to be followed to import Mac Outlook Contact to Gmail.