Apple Mail is the inbuilt email client of Mac OS X. It stores all messages in a single mail folder/library. Apple Mail is also known as the Mail app and it allows setting up multiple email accounts simultaneously with easy switching between them.
In case you are looking for a way to migrate Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook, then you can easily do it inefficient manner. Simply export all email messages in the MBOX file and convert the MBOX files into a corresponding PST file using professional tools. In this article, we will explain the Easiest solution to migrate Mac Mail to MS Outlook on Mac.
Why do users choose Microsoft Outlook over Apple Mail?
Microsoft Outlook is available both for Windows and Mac platforms. It has gained a lot of popularity among business users and individuals due to its advanced and secure features. With MS Outlook, users can access their emails, contacts, notes, calendars, and other data in offline mode. Apart from the benefits of Outlook, users have their business needs and shifting of the workplace due to which they can migrate from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook.
Manual method to migrate Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook using IMAP
- Create a new Yahoo account.
- Run Apple Mail, go to Preferences and select Accounts.
- In the account window, click on the ‘+’ icon and enter your name, email address, and password. Then, click Continue.
- Enter imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Incoming Mail server tab and enter your email address & password.
- Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com with user credentials in the Outgoing Mail Server tab. Then, click on Continue.
- In the Account Summary window, verify the settings and click on create to configure Yahoo Mail with Apple Mail.
- Move all emails from Apple Mail to Yahoo Inbox folder.
- After the data is moved, run MS Outlook. Go to Tools and select the Accounts option.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon at the lower left of the Accounts Panel and select the Other Email option.
- Enter the email address and password to know more settings and enter the given details:
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 993
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Click on Add account button and click Continue on Verify certificate window, if it appears.
- Now, one can access Apple Mail mailboxes in Outlook for Mac
Third-party tool to instantly migrate Apple Mail to MS Outlook
Users have found that the manual method is too lengthy. It involves synchronization at two ends which takes time. Due to lengthy steps, chances of data loss are high. This is the reason why users want to migrate Apple Mail mailboxes to MS Outlook with third-party tools.
MBOX to PST Converter for Mac is an efficient tool that smartly converts multiple MBOX files into Outlook PST file format. Using this software, the software retains email attributes and metadata of Apple Mail mailboxes throughout the migration. Users can take advantage of multiple options with this tool like email filters, preview, etc.
Follow the steps to migrate Apple Mail emails to MS Outlook on Mac
- Run Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook Converter for Mac on your system.
- Click on Directory mode or File mode and browse Apple Mail MBOX files.
- Select PST option – single or multiple PST files.
- Click on the Browse button and set a location to save the PST file.
- Finally, hit the Convert button to successfully get Apple Mail mailboxes into MS Outlook PST file format.
Valuable features offered by this Application
- It offers instant and 100% safe results without compromise to data quality.
- The utility allows bulk migration of Apple Mail mailboxes into PST files.
- Users are free to convert Apple Mail emails into single & single multiple PST files
- Users can freely select output PST file location as per their choice
- No dependency on the external tools is there to perform the migration
- The trial version of the software is provided for testing purpose
- Maintain the internal structure of Apple Mail data items as it is
For migrating Mac Mail emails to MS Outlook, users can take the help of either manual or professional as provided in this post. But for instant and effortless migration, it is suggested to use a third-party tool. The tool preserves the integrity of email messages and helps to migrate Apple Mail to MS Outlook 2019, 2016, and others.