This article explains migration from Windows Live Mail application to Outlook. Windows Live Mail is an email client that can send or receive email messages over a web browser. It is now not supported by Microsoft and Outlook is introduced in its place therefore a lot of users want to import EML to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. Most users are shifting from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook as it comes with Office Suite and allows users to work in offline mode without internet connectivity. In this blog, we will be discussing ways for converting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook.
Most searched queries of users
- How to export Windows Live Mail EML to Outlook PST?
- Migrate from Windows Live Mail into Outlook?
- How can I get WLM emails in Outlook 2019?
- What is the best way to move Windows Live Mail emails in Outlook?
How to export Windows Live Mail to PST file?
One can easily import emails from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook with a simple process. Here is the procedure that you need to follow to import mailboxes from Windows Live Mail –
Transfer Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook
To perform the import of Windows Live Mail files into Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others. First, export Windows Live Mail emails into PST format. Make sure to take a backup of EML files before proceeding with these steps. Let us know the process:
- First, open Outlook and Windows Live Mail on your desktop.
- In the Windows Live Mail screen, click on File or press Alt+M from the File menu bar.
- In the File menu, select Export and click on the Messages icon
- Go to Microsoft Exchange from Windows Live Mail wizard and then click on the Next tab.
- Click the OK button whenever you view the generated message
- Click all to select files that you want to export and press OK. You can choose selected folders that you want to export and then press the OK button.
- After completing the process, you will get the Export Complete message.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
After following these steps, you will get Windows Live Mail emails on your local drive folder. Then, users can import resultant files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others.
Import PST file to Outlook
After exporting Windows Live Mail files, users can open this PST file to MS Outlook 2013, 2016, & 2019. Here are the steps for this:
- In the Outlook application, select the File tab.
- Click on Open & Export and choose the Import/Export option.
- Select Import from another program or file option and press the Next button.
- Select Outlook file (.pst) option for exporting Windows Live Mail (.eml) to Outlook (.pst) and press Next tab.
- Browse the location of the Outlook PST file. Among the options, select desired option from the Import Outlook Data File dialogue box and then choose the Next option.
- In case, a password was applied to the .pst file of Outlook, then enter the password and click the OK option.
- If you want to import selected contents of the .pst file into MS Outlook 2016 mailbox. Then, select the desired mailbox.
|Note: If the user is unable to import Outlook 2016 mailbox, select import from the current folder and this will import the selected items into that particular folder.|
- In the end, hit the Finish button and Outlook quickly import the contents of the PST file.
An alternate solution to move Windows Live Mail file to Outlook
The above-discussed method takes time to complete the migration. If you want a rapid solution then we suggest professional tools like Mailvita Windows Live Mail to PST Converter. It programs smoothly export Windows Live Mail EML files into Outlook PST format on Windows as well as Mac machines. The data from Windows Live Mail to PST file format is transferred in bulk with this software. Moreover, this program offers only 4-5 simple steps for migration. To have a deep understanding of the software, a free demo is provided to all users.
In this section, we have described how users can convert Windows Live Mail emails into Outlook. For this, we have explained a completely manual process and a third-party tool that works with both Mac and Windows OS. Using the professional tool, the conversion can be instantly completed without facing any difficulties.